Monday, May 23, 2022

The Pune Diaries - Day 2

It's super hot in Pune which was not the case in earlier years. I managed to wake up early and catch a walk with Milind which culminated in a gulacha chai (or rather chai with jaggery). It was a long and leisurely walk and we stopped for breakfast at Prithvi.


Maria's birthday so we decided to call her and also drop in for a chai. We drove down to their house and met Maria, Parth and Manik maushi over chai. We then drove back to Konkan Express which was top of Anjali's places to visit. The Municipal guys seemed to have removed the shaded parts outside where they had seating arrangement and now the restaurant shrunk to a mere three or four seats inside. The food was good though I didn't eat much.



I had this funny feeling that day of being so full that I had no appetite at all which is a first for me ever -but the heat does funny things so I decided to chill and take it easy. Of course the heat would also not let me do any other work so I just crashed out most of the day.



Evening was the time to head out to Durga Cafe which is a fine addition to Dahanukar Colony and we met Milind and Neelima and had some cold coffee and stuff before returning home. The kitchen not being fully functional we gave Swiggy much business. 

The heat was first for me. Just knocked me out senseless. Global warming they say - from years we have been hearing about it. Looks like it finally caught up with us. 

Anyway, we took some old stuff out from the cupboards and sorted some books and stuff which was a huge achievement. 

No comments: