Monday, March 28, 2022

Another Year and A New Batch - Art Management at the University of Hyderabad

This is one of the most satisfying parts of the year for me - the course on Art Management that I teach at the Department of Dance, University of Hyderabad. After two years of teaching online thanks to the pandemic I was immensely glad to go back to teaching offline. The heat was a factor but I braved it - anything for an offline class which is so much more fulfilling and effective.

There are 15 students in this batch and though I have already taken 6 online classes and two offline classes, I find that I have not met them all. Anyway, the course in my mind has to achieve three objectives - making the student feel secure about a career in dance, teaching them how to take 100% responsibility for their career and then to empower them with process orientation.

We do follow the Why, How and What of Simon Sinek's Golden Circle and address them through many ways - vision statements, process orientation, values, learning techniques and approaches, goals and so on. I am looking forward to the remaining nine sessions which I hope will be as productive and will help achieve our set aims.

More on this later. 

No comments: