Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Uttarayan - Movie

 2004. Marathi.

I love anything that's 20 years older than now. So we watched this movie based on Jaywant Dalvi's novl 'Durgi'. My synopsis - A widower from Nagpur comes to live with his about to get married son in Mumbai, finds that his childhood love is around, recovering from a bad marriage where she was tortured and accused of having an affair with her father in law, and marries her in the end. There, not so bad!



I am loving these movies. In fact I wished these two had just lived together. Got me thinking - how about a couple of oldies who meet at 60 and decide to have fun together - travel, have an affair, try a sexual fantasy! Think about it.

I loved the movie, the feel, the actors, Suhita in all her radiant glory, Shivaji Satam in a nuanced role (I could not understand him in CID). 

No comments: