Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A New Role, A New Responsibility

In a totally unexpected development over the past few days I have been assigned a new role with the Hyderabad Cricket Association - one that promises to be an exciting and responsible one. I have been asked to be the Chairman of the Senior State Selection Committee, or in simpler terms the Ranji Trophy and other senior side selections for Hyderabad. It is a wonderful opportunity that is coming at the right time what with the team doing well in the last one year and showing signs of bringing Hyderabad back into the reckoning as one of the premier sides in the country.

There is enough talent around and our job is as simple of getting the best team to play for Hyderabad. Exciting times and I am looking forward to really doing a good job on it with my colleagues Riaz, Pawan and Jai. Go Hyderabad!

7 comments:

Rajendra said...

Congrats. Yes, Hyd should try and top the league!

Madhav said...

Congragulations Mr Chairman.
Looking forward to the celebrations tonight.

naveen said...

Congratulations Hari!

I'm pleasantly surprised, as you were not in the 'inner circle' of the HCA (assuming...:)).

Nevertheless its a validation that sometimes good things happen to right people, for right reasons, and when we least expect.

All the best and hope to see good results in the next season.

Regards,
Naveen

Harimohan said...

Thanks Raja, Madhav and Naveen. It was a bit of a surprise for me too - and the only thing I can say is that I am ready and prepared for it. This is what I have been writing and teaching and conducting workshops about - time to put it all into practice.

Devashish said...

Interesting times Hari. Now I will have to be more measured in my criticism of selections to the Hyderabad senior team, I guess.

Hopefully you are allowed to do your job well without being dragged into the murky world of politicking and special interests...

All the very best!

Harimohan said...

Thanks Devashish. Now to do a good honest job of it and select the best teams for Hyderabad.

Hmmm said...

Congratulations Hari Garu, glad you are there. With VVSL fully available for the next season and you around I'm hoping Hyderabad betters its performances, and also that you'll be able to find lads who are good enough to be in the National side consistently. Wishing you good luck.