Monday, April 4, 2022

How to Become a Cartoonist - Book Review

While rummaging through the old books at Pune, I found this quaint booklet, 'How to Become a Cartoonist' published in 1923 by the Washington School of Arts. I flipped through the pages where they showed cartoons by famous cartoonists, explained how cartoonists made more money than Presidents, gave examples of several cartoonists and their famous works and then came down to the real thing - how the Washington School of Cartooning, will help you become a good cartoonist and how you can pay your course fee through your earnings.




Will Chandlee is the man who teaches but he comes pretty late in the booklet. 

Will Chandlee's work 

This was an education in itself

Some part of the curriculum is given and how the correspondence course works effectively is given as are testimonials by happy clients. 



This is incredible feedback - and an education too!

I found the booklet fascinating and educative. More interestingly I was amazed that this entire booklet was actually promotional material. 

How brilliant and how well executed. I loved it. I am going to add this to my book reviews.

No comments: