Friday, October 13, 2023

Benaam - Movie

 For some reason I liked this movie when i first saw it. I especially liked the scene when Moushumi Chatterjee sew a button on the MCP Amitabh character standing on the bed. Later when I found that Jayant co-wrote the screenplay, my liking for it increased. When Ali would sing the title song I made an effort and learned how to sing it. But this time when I watched it I found many holes in it - the casual way in which the villain is introduced and connected to the original crime, why he wants Amit to kill the guy he already tried to kill, why he is followed by weird people from the CID - and so on and so forth. When you go backwards, i makes no sense, but when you go forwards, it seems to be ok - mainly because of the actors I feel. Overall a loss of an illusion and I will not watch Benaam again I feel.



No comments: