Thursday, May 18, 2023

Heading to Mumbai

Planned to drive to Pune and then take a cab to Mumbai until I found that the flight tickets were some 3500. I chose to fly instead to Mumbai. Bought two books 'Ruskin Bond' and 'Greatest stories from Nobel Prize Winners'. Finished most of Ruskin Bond on the flight. 

Air India was an experience. The flight looked rather worse for the wear. I had to really squeeze in - felt like the old days when buses would squeeze in extra seats and I had to sit with my legs apart. No pouch, everything stripped down, looking old and musty, not that spanking clean experience you expect. The pluses - pilot was articulate, crew generally there, we got a kathi roll.

Off the flight, found a cab. The prepaid guys were charging a minimum of 700 bucks - now that is interesting. Perhaps only long distance is their game. Anyway glad I changed my mind about driving - its bloody hot. And Mumbai is humid.

No comments: