Thursday, April 27, 2023

Thought for the Day - Don't React, Wait Until You're In a Space of Love

 Something happened the other day. I was hoping to do something which I believed was good for my client but I was rather upset at the way they decided to do something else. I was upset and shot off a message that I would like to relook at the whole engagement. In fact my thought process went as far off as wanting to end it.



After a while I realised it was a very reactive action. I guess my ego got in the way, or even the idea that my method was right. Even though it probably was, it is quite alright for others to think or behave differently. Since the decision was already made, there was no need for me to react. I could have looked at how to take it forward from the current situation instead of blaming them. 

Instead of reacting if I had responded from a place of love my response would have been very different. I would have looked at the longer, greater good and thought of all the ways I could help the client instead of hinging everything on one action.

It was then that I decided - never react from this place of ego. Don't message, don't say anything, don't reply. Wait for the ego to settle. Look instead for the place of love. What would you do from a place of love. Then we see so many wonderful possibilities.

Love offers possibilities. Ego closes them.

Always wait until you are in a place of love.     

No comments: