Thursday, August 29, 2019

Anjali - Making Lemonade Out of Lemons

Anjali spilled some milk on the table while reading her Tinkle and drinking milk at the same time. I was doing some work and figured she will clean it up and move on.

After a while she came and told me that she had spilled some milk. I asked her if she had cleaned it up. She said she would and asked if she could borrow my phone. I said she could.

'I also thought I will make use of the spilled milk to make something Nanna,' she said when she came back. I asked her what she did with the spilled milk.

Then she showed me this.


Ah, what a wonderful lesson. Instead of going into a mode of self-pity, or 'why-me', if we can actually have the presence of mind to convert that into a lesson, you are done. This ability to convert the lemons thrown at you and make lemonade out of it is something that will hold us in good stead. Very good Anjali - now remember the lesson!

No comments: