Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Life in Lockdown - Day 56, May 19, 2020

May 19, 2020

The lockdown seems to have partially ended. People are going on as they try to 'live' with Corona virus. Masks have come off despite warnings or penalties of Rs. 1000. Activity has started. I got a call asking whether the cricket academy is starting. People are moving on.

The Migrants Are Forgotten
And as we get back to our lives, the migrant stories vanished. We don't have time for them anymore. Watching the 1984 movie 'Paar' made me realise that nothing changed, nothing will.

Zoom Call With My Old Students from the Department of Dance, UOH
Janimiya, my old student from the Department of Dance, University of Hyderabad, 2015 batch, my first batch, messaged me saying that the batch would like to have a zoom call with me. I agreed. It was a special batch, my first, and we tried so many things together. Niyanthri, Aparna, Suchismita, Snehalatha, Sneha Sasikumar, Aswini, Aishwarya, Rohini and Janimiya were my students. We chatted for an hour and promised to meet up at the University's famous Mushroom Rock after the lockdown days are over.

A lovely picture of all of us sipping chai in 2015. One of my all-time favourite pics.
Aishwarya, Rohini, Aparna, Sneha, M, Niyantri, Suchismita, Ashwini, Snehalatha and Janimiya (2015, UOH)

Lalitha Anand Shared This
Lalitha shared this. Sounds interesting.

Food Pic
Shameem shared his haleem pic. Looks delicious.

No comments: