Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Love and Life in the Days of Covid 19

The surge of Covid 19 caught up and washed away all exams, classes, outings, social interaction. I now hang out at home watching movies, reading books, and spending time with Shobhs and Anjali. It's very relaxed now. Things have slowed down to a 70s pace - traffic, calls, the rush in the mind.

Anjali's exams were postponed just one day before they started. So all her effort of waking up at 5 in the morning and studying went,  but she was pretty cool about it. She picked up a copy of The Diary of Anne Frank and sat out in the yard. I've got 'No Spin' by Shane Warne and Shobhs is reading some Georgette Hayer thriller. There's a list of movies I want to watch and I've ticked them up. 'Aar Paar', 'Sahib Bibi aur Ghulam', 'Roma', 'Mooga Manasulu' are some of the classics on my list.

The panic of two week's ago when a techie tested positive has subsided a bit I think. That was the same day that Anjali's school had asked that children be sent with sanitisers and I went to several stores. They were all out of masks and sanitisers and for the few minutes I was there, I could see a constant stream of people coming in for masks and sanitisers. Now the market has some new dodgy, sanitisers, but what the hell.

The current shutdown is till the end of March, so its two weeks on our own time and speed. Anjali's school is shut, my course at the university has been shut down, and I really haven't taken up any new work that needs me to meet people.

Except for the odd grocery buying trip, I've cut down on going out. Wondering if I should just shut off the phone as well.

No comments: