Sunday, March 29, 2020

Life in the Days of Coronavirus - Day 5 of 21, March 29, 2020

Day 5. My strategy worked and I had a good night's sleep last night. I watched 'Okja' by Bong Joon Hoo, the director of 'Parasite' and found it to be as thrilling and as fantastic a tale as any which was told brilliantly.
Nature is beautiful  - Satish N

The newspaper wall dropped it off today after a few days. Apparently they have been having problems with distribution and though they are passing it off as safe, fact remains it is still a surface. So, necessary care needs to be taken like washing hands before and after reading and not touching your face while reading, which is all too much of a hassle for me. One suggestion was bizarre - spray Dettol - all seriousness. How do I read it after? So I guess I'll have to ask Ashok Reddy to chill off for a few days.

The slight fever and headache feeling that I had gradually wore off while I engaged in activities such as cleaning, washing dishes, fixing a pelmet, doing my gratitude journal and yes, completing my gratitude chart (one side at least). It was a proud moment for me and I know there are several names I have not mentioned yet in the chart - 500 plus so far. I have the back of the chart still so I will get down to it.
Gratitude Chart - That's about 500+ names surrounding me, prodding me, pushing me, pulling me
Chatted with Pooja, Prarthana, Raja, Vardha, Mani (who kindly gave me a couple of masks and a sanitiser), Satish, Joel, and got down to checking movies to watch. Was thrilled to find Shyam Benegal's 'Manthan' on Youtube and watched it. Also ticked off  'Ankur' to watch during this period. Shared my HANS column with those who might appreciate it and found some interesting responses.

Meditation at 4 as usual followed by some sharing by Shobhs about a course she had done - Access Consciousness. So we got to spend time together for more than an hour and I am thrilled about it. Unfortunately the evening music slot went for a toss and I ended up doing the dishes etc.

I am doing brilliantly after cutting down on news from WhatsApp groups. New stuff that I noticed around apart from the newspaper making its comeback was a vegetable vendor who ventured in with his cart, and my neighbouring apartment also now closing down its gates for the virus. I also noticed that the online kids are delivering stuff as are the Swiggy boys. Hmm. wondering why no girls have entered the Swiggy and other delivery service bastion?

Overall, the little news I saw seemed to be favouring a positive outcome leading to an invisible let off in the panic grip - or so I felt.  However, I saw an image of people wanting to go home to Uttar Pradesh from Noida and its the craziest image I saw. The numbers are mindboggling. Somewhere in the afternoon PM Modi came on his Mann ki Baat and apologised to the poor. I guess some action would help - they are not able to maintain distances anyway in those crowded thousands - as well give them transport to go back.

Didn't make much progress on the book 'Being You', but all in good time I guess. I am in no hurry, happy to have worked off the fever, which I am sure is a result of my confusion and perhaps fear and anger at this state of helplessness, and somewhere I have found my peace again.

No comments: