Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Another Year of Arts Management Ends - An Unforgettable Gesture by the Batch of 2024

 It is easily the best part of my year - teaching Arts Management to the students of the Department of Dance, SN College, University of Hyderabad. It has been 10 years now perhaps and I still feel that it is fully worth my time and effort. And when the students do something special to recognise and acknowledge my effort, it feels like it was doubly worth it.

Last Monday being the last day of my course we would up early. I gave them all some individual feedback. After which, I got a plethora of wonderful gifts - Madhavi gave me a bookmark made by her young daughter Sahasra who is studying in her 7th class in Rishi Valley, Renu gave me a chocolate and the entire class wrote little notes of appreciation and feedback complete with smileys and funny faces. Aditi even made her note like a book - with comments on the blurb as well!

Here's the class of 2024. Minus a few absentees.

Standing in foreground L to R - Vismaya, Madhavi, Brishti, Archiesmathy, Chandana, Pavithra, Aditi, Renu
Back row L to R - Anupama, Adhisha, Sagarika, Prof Anuradha, Me, Reshma, Anusree

  Here then are the gifts.

The bookmark - Madhavi's daughter Sahasra



Renu and the chocolate

Madhavi handing me the folder with all the messages and two pens!

The messages themselves
Pavithra 

Renu 

Anupama 

Archiesmathy


Vismaya

Brishti


Reshma

Adhirsha

Chandana


Madhavi


Anusree

Sagarika




Aditi



And to top it all they took me out for a cup of chai and snacks at the Chemistry canteen. We chatted for a bit and then split. 

And a pic with Brishti who has come all the way from Bangladesh!
Me and Brishti


Thank you everyone. For dressing up so well for the pic, for the thought behind the whole event, for the messages. It really will remain an unforgettable gesture from you all. And now, it will remain on this blog.

No comments: