Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Trip to Pune - Day 2

 Day 2 began quietly at Magarpatta. I was woken up by A who had found this wonderful book called 'Save the Cat' on screenplay writing and had sat up all night to read it. I guess she woke me up at 530 or 6 and we sat up chatting. Now Kalpak has a fine collection of books and so does Gauri and so does Prakash. In fact I could see a pile of books that Gauri had kept aside for the teachers in her school. There was a similar pile in Kalpak's room to give away from which I picked up three books.

My tree series

Malay's award winning design - building

Prakash was up for his morning walk and so A and I joined him on the walk around Magarpatta. Prakash explained how the Magars got together to form this wonderful initiative on their land - some 128 families got together. He showed A the five elements that were represented in Magarpatta - fire, water, air, earth and ether. He explained the landscaping - the trees that lined avenues here and there. It was a fun experience.

Trees



Back home in an hour, we were sipping tea when Kalpak joined us and chatted with A. After that he showed us his bonsai collection. Now Kalpak does some very interesting things and I loved the care and thought he puts into his bonsai collection. We spoke of books and stuff and then he had to go to work.

Kalpak and his bonsai collection

Sample 1 

Another

Laxman came and gave me a fine massage after which I got some sleep, lunch and then we were off to Kothrud in a cab. Soon after the girls walked off to Durga Cafe for a cold coffee, something A wanted to do with Mansi (she told me they would go by themselves which made sense). They enjoyed their outing and returned just in time for dinner at Manik ajji's house.

Off to Durga Cafe

We returned home and crashed. I think the girls were up till late in the night though they made some ambitious plans for the next day. So far, so good.     



No comments: