Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Coaching Stories No 22 - What Am I Being Measured On

 Question - what can be my vision for my team? How can it be measured?



A good way to set one's vision for their team is to think of the biggest possibility they feel they can achieve. While a vision can be overarching and abstract, it must finally translate into work done.

So a vision that says - "to grow my team to full potential so they all become great leaders' is good. But then it must be backed up by (who comprises the team, what is full potential, what does good leadership mean). 

All this should translate to resulting work - by empowering and growing my team I will deliver 1) delivery 1 2) delivery 2 and 3) delivery 3 - the three key things I will be measured on.

I find that most people are not good at finding what their role is and how it will be measured. Get some clarity on where you stand with your measure/performance (on a scale of 10) and try to improve on the same by working on key areas.

Least you should know as a leader - what are you being measured on.  

No comments: