Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Don - Movie

 Take four people who grew up in the 70-80s. Add a 15 year old who has just seen 'Deewar' and 'Amar Akbar Anthony' on the big screen and throw in a hot summer afternoon. We opted for 'Don' and the movie did not disappoint. From the titles in negative, the background music, the opening scene ...the movie went took like a bullet. Scene after scene after powerful scene, twist after twist. And oodles of style in every shot, costume, dialogue. If Amitabh has some great dialogues and scenes, Pran has some wonderful ones too.

We loved watching it and so did A!



I remember watching it more than once when I was in my eight class (the movie released in 1978). Something in the poster drew me to it and once you watched it, you were hooked. Iwatched in again - in Vikranti I guess (with Ahmed tailor for company). Once again in Gokul later.

  

No comments: