Monday, April 13, 2020

Life in Lockdown - Day 20 of 21 (now 37), April 13, 2020

Day 20

My day just got busier. I have a two-hour online class at 3 but before that I need to send my column across by noon. I work as fast as I can - journal, dishes, floor and then the column. By this time it's lunch and then some final touches before I send the column away. HANS looks like they might be discontinuing the column because they might shut the Sunday supplement - some uncertainty - but its been a two-year ride so happy for whatever it is. Anyway, fingers crossed.

Then a scramble for a bath, shave and some prep before the online class to the students of the University. This went on till 5. I jumped straight into the meditation, slept through it, as did Anjali. Woke up for a cup o tea and some reading. A call or two - one with dear friend Krishna Shastri - and its time for dinner. Whew.
Poem by Tenzin

The PM is addressed te nation tomorrow at 10 am. That's a relief because its a change from his customary 8 pm addresses which have all been shocks. Homemade pizza for dinner and here I am.
Poem by Tenzin

Tenzin shared some poems he wrote and I asked if I could share them on the blog. He said yes. So here they are - the poems of a 20-year-old Tibetan refugee boy living away from his parents in Dharamshala, studying medicine.

Poem by Tenzin
Lovely stuff Tenzin. Take care.



No comments: