Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Anjali - Interview of a 5 and a Half Year Old

I missed this interview in all my papers and found it today. I am assuming it's when Anjali was five and a half then (going by the movies and the books).

Q. What do you like the most?
A. Chicken Little. Days we spent with no Momma. Doing my skit. Dancing. Trying to go to school first.

Q. Who do you love the most?
A. My parents. My friends. All my classmates.

Q. Why classmates?
A. Because they are my friends.

Q. What do you and your friends do?
A. We play at the sandpit. All the time. One time you should come late to pick me up.

Q. What food do you like?
A. Chicken biryani. Fried rice at school. Crispy fried chicken. Noodles. Liver.

Q. What don't you like?
A. Vegetables. Don't like taste. Only carrot and kakdi I like. I don't like using so much energy on my  skit. I don't like that. Skating. SO much time I have to skate I'll be sweating.

Q. What are the movies you like?
A. Alvin and the Chipmunk, Barbie and the Nutcracker. Dora. Winnie the Pooh. Doraemon. Chota Bheem. But it was scary.

Q. What makes you happy?
A. Getting birthday toys. Getting toys from Santa. Playing with my friends. Helping Mamma.

Q. How can we be happy?
A. Anyway. We just have to enjoy. We have to find out a way to enjoy. Just as... if you are getting bored of skating. Think of it as if you are playing a race. That makes it exciting.

Q. What do you think of life?
A. Meaning? I don't know. It's happy. It's sad. It's whatever we think. When we are very happy we are laughing. That's all about life.

Q. What do you think of your school?
A. School is fun. Playing in the sandpit. All the bestest. We love school.

Q. What are the things you'd like Santa to get for you?
A. I'd like if he got me another wonderful gift. Soft toys. Nice little. I don't know. Bubbles. Jigsaw puzzles.

Q. What are the things that scare you?
A. Someone dressed as a skeleton scares me. Scary dreams scare me. I get a dream. I am going on a platform which ends suddenly. I jump from the end to the road. It's very high.

Q. Then what happens?
A, I get up in bed.

(I laughed. She was not happy with that.)

A. Not funny. Very scary. (I stopped laughing.)

Q. What do you do when you're scared?
A. Nothing. I just feel scared. I feel scared to do skipping. I'll fall or what. I'm very scared.

Q. What makes you laugh the most?
A. Jokes. Yours.

Q. Who makes you laugh?
A. Choudary mama, Ranjan mama, Mamma, Mythily atta.

Q. What makes you cry?
A. Mamma shouting at me. Once I felt sad in school.

Q. What's your favorite story?
A. Three Billy Goats Gruff. Beauty and the Beast. Cinderella.

Q. You like music?
A. Yeah.

Q. Which one?
A. Que La. Diego (in Dora).

Q. If you want to ask god for one thing what would you ask?
A. I want a nice garden with flowers, butterflies. With nectar in them.

Q. What do you think of adults?
A. They take care of us. They help us. And they teach us.

Q. They're good people?
A. Yeah.

Q. And children?
A. Are naughty.

Q. Who do you like playing with?
A. Mansi.

Q. What do you play with her?
A. I don't want to tell.

Q. What books do you enjoy reading?
A. Clifford, Pepper, Bruno, Bubbles.

Q. Who are your favorite cartoon characters?
Dora

Q. Why?
A. They make me happy.

That ended the interview rather abruptly. I am not sure if it's the complete one but until I find the rest of it this should do. Thanks Anjali for your insights and honest sharing. Until the next one then!

No comments: