Monday, October 5, 2026

The Goa Diaries - Day 5

Have to head back so I decided on a shorter walk. Headed right towards Baga. Found a whole bunch of people on the beach. One thing you notice now is that there are hardly any foreigners - it's Indians all over. Getting off buses, cars, scooters, wearing clothes they would never wear elsewhere, holding beers etc, cameras, video stands and what not. 
On the beach there are families, couples, groups of boys and men, loners. As I walked I found pieces of glass from broken beer bottles and started collecting them in a plastic bag. Next time on I think I'll carry a bag and pick up garbage - should make for good exercise. 

Back at Pine Tree I ordered a water melon, read a bit, wrote a bit and waited until Vidyuth arrived. We headed back to our place, freshened up and started back on the drive back home. 

Realised that it's been five days without TV, without tea or coffee, maybe a few more things that I normally do otherwise. The road was lined with a convoy of cars heading back after a holiday in Goa.

Good fun. Until next time.

No comments: