Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Launch of South First - A Website Narrating the Other Side of the Story

 South First, a website dedicated to narrating the other half of the India story, the South story', was launched on September 17, 2022 at ITC Kakatiya, Hyderabad. It's CEO, Vasu Gandikota, my friend and the Chief Editor of The New Indian Express till recently, gave the inaugural speech and set the context as to why South First was launched. He said that South First aims to provide accurate and non-partisan news from southern states, and create a platform for informed analysis or politics and polity in the region.

 

Asaduddin Owaisi, Prof Madana Gopal, George Isaac, Justice Chalameshwar

The entire day was filled with panel discussions on federalism with speakers such as KTR, PTR, Shashi Tharoor, Asaduddin Owaisi, Justice Chalameshwar and others.


I met a few friends there apart from Vasu - AP Srinivas was around and so were a couple of others. I met Asad on the way out and he wished me warmly, something he always does since our days of playing cricket for the University and enquired about my writing. 

KTR, Shashi Tharoor, PTR

I wished I could have attended the discussions all day but I had other commitments so I headed out.

Hon'ble Governor of Telangana Dr Tamilsai Soundararajan 

Wishing the team at South First the best of luck and I am sure they will certainly fulfill all their aims and ambitions. Wishing you luck Vasu!  


2 comments:

Rajendra said...

Interesting..when I lived in Delhi or Lucknow, I noticed that news about the South was scarce. The media like TV even today seem more centred on the North and not the East, South or even West, barring Mumbai.

Rajendra said...

Interesting..when I lived in Delhi or Lucknow, I noticed that news about the South was scarce. The media like TV even today seem more centred on the North and not the East, South or even West, barring Mumbai.