Thursday, November 15, 2018

My Musical Notes 9 - Rick Springfield

Back in 1984 I did not know who Rick Springfield was. But I remember seeing a poster of this handsome Aussie and I think I bought the poster or the magazine and for many years it adorned my room. Rick in his leather pants and jacket staring down.

I also found a tape then at Sangeet Sagar or the other shop in Chirag Ali lane which sold the just coming T series brand which looked completely tacky. But it was great value for money at 20 bucks and much better quality than  HMV cassettes. The tape still looks good enough to play.

Rick's tape is still with me. Classics like 'Human Touch', 'Alyson', 'Affair of the Heart' 'Tiger by the tail', 'Motel Eyes' and 'Living in Oz' which was probably the name of the album stayed with me. I especially loved 'Alyson'. Googling Rick I find that he has moved to the USA and is still giving concerts.

I love these guys. They do it for the love of it. Doesn't matter if it is a small concert or a big one.

Thanks Rick. You were up there on my wall of fame! I did like your songs. I love that you're still performing.

No comments: