Monday, May 18, 2015

Choukati Bahercha Cinema (Out of the Box Cinema) - Ganesh Matkari

This is a book I found at Raja's place. It lists out out-of-the-box movies that the author had seen and recommends. I did not read the content of the book which was in Marathi but I made a list of the movies the author recommended. But its obviously a work of love and one could see that in the way he wrote in detail about the movies.

Here’s the list. The italicised ones are the ones I have seen.

Donnie Darko
21 grams
Open your eyes
Fight club
Run Lola run
Reconstruction
Mulholand drive
He loves me, he loves me not
Time crimes
November
F for fake
Memento
Reprise
The nines
Groundhog day
5X2
La jete
12 monkeys
Waking life
Look
Heavenly creatures
Being John Malkovich
Clockwork orange
Perfume
Mr. Books
A Scanner Darkly
Brazil
Synechdoche New York
American psycho
Anti Christ
Man bites dog
Clover field
Pans labyrinth
Trainspotting
3…extremes
Death of a President
Renaissance
Imagination of Dr. Parasses
City of lost children
Sin City
The Bloomwitch Project
Primes
The Promotion
The 5 Obstructions
Exam
REC
Dazed and Confused
Monsters
Walkabout
Somewhere
The Girlfriend Experience
Once
13
Open Water
Match factory girl
The Village
127 hours
Full Frontal
Duel
Moon
My Little Eye
Sleuth
K – Pax
Shann of the dead
Hoodwinked
Pulp fiction
Annie hall
Let the right one in
Intact
Kickass
Memories of Murder
Sex, lies and videotape
Terribly Happy
Intermission
Dot the i
In the valley of Ella
Cache
Lock stock and two smoking guns
Zodiac
Breathless
Henry Poole Is Here
White Ribbon
The Princess and the Warrior
Ed Lord
Magnolia
5 days without Nora
Art School Confidential
Persepolis
Bobby
Waltz with Bashir
M
And your mother too
Shallow grave
Blindness
Paradise now
Taxi driver
The King
Me and Orson Welles

It also lists Dhobhi Ghat (seen) but I wonder why it made this list. I hope I got most spellings right because I noted them by hand and as it happens sometimes I could not read my own handwriting at places.

No comments: