Lessons that one can learn and imbibe from the late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray.
- That it is never about your size, but about your courage and your conviction, even in taking on the biggest institutions. Fight tooth and nail for your convictions and the world notices and gives you the power.
- That if you say what you feel and express yourselves without holding back, the world listens to every word and takes it seriously. Say it as it is, loud and clear, and the world listens.
- That you can live life exactly on your terms and never on someone else's. When you have the power you make the rules - even for the King.
- That you can live to please yourself and no one else. You maintain no false images and no one asks any questions.
- That the power of aggression can make the entire system think twice - for a lifetime - and the most powerful to seek your help. You have the power and the whole world comes to you.
- That your name and reputation itself can be far more effective than any law and order system of the government and that alone can stop and contain much mischief making.Your reputation if big enough can itself be a deterrent.
- That when you give your people a sense of security, pride, well being and belonging, you gain so much of their love and support that is difficult to erode in a lifetime. You can give a new identity to your people and they will always be grateful to you for that.
- That you can still be as powerful or even more by yourself, than what the support of a high post, a system or an institution can give you, if your people love you. You do not need the support of an institution or the system if you have the love of your people.
- That people watch their words and actions if you defend what is important to you fiercely. You shut up much useless talk if you are clear about what is important to you.