Friday, July 27, 2012

Literary Day at Oakridge International, Bachupally

I was invited to be Chief Guest at the Oakridge International School, Bachupally campus today and I fell in love with the lovely environs - away from all the hustle and bustle of the city. The function started a bit late owing to my getting delayed in the traffic and the cab breaking down as well. But the children, intelligent and inquisitive,  listened patiently as I shared my writing journey, asked me many questions, and we ended up having a fine interaction. I was given a walk around the place by the Vice Principal Mr. Venkat Suresh and Ms. Suneetha who coordinated the event and we shared a few more thoughts over salad. The children gifted me a wonderful hand painting that exhorts us to 'Save Energy' and I was truly impressed by the huge paper figurine they made that represented the Olympic spirit I think. It was wonderful.

Thanks everyone, Pavan specially. I enjoyed being there.

No comments: