Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Work On New Novel - The Misfit

I have been putting in a few hours into getting 'The Misfit' into some shape. Now 'The Misfit' was the first complete novel that I wrote and as such is very close to my heart. So I will ensure that it gets published and gets into the public domain as my third novel. Since its been written and rewritten many times already I know the story well. I had a fair idea how the book progress but somehow the structure needed more definite boundaries which I succeeded in putting up.

Compound walls erected, broad divisions identified, progression logic under control, devices identified to make story tauter, it is generally falling in. I can see another 20% work before it gets into its final shape but its good enough for Keerti, my editor, to look at and give me her evaluation. I have a Bangalore trip planned to meet her this weekend. Only wondering about the shooting schedule. If there is shooting this week I will have to go early next week maybe.

After Keerti looks at it, I will sit down and rework it. But I have the story under control now, it will be much to do with presentation and delivery. Which could mean a complete rewrite of the story as well!

Anyway, glad that I finished the first draft. Celebration time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waiting for the book to release.
Also waiting for more of your lists. You have been doing your favorites or best of ... lists now how about a least favorite or worst of ... list.

Harimohan said...

Ha Anon, that will be difficult. I tend to forget those 'least fav / worst of' names pretty fast. But should be interesting now that you brought it up. Will try one.
And thanks. I am waiting to see The Misfit in print as well.